Mesh Insert is a new 3dsmax plugin inspired from Polystein for Modo.
It speeds up your modeling process by replacing face selections by an asset from your library.
Great for hard mesh and organic modeling too!
For those interested by a Maya version, have a look at Adnan Chaumette’s Mesh Blend: https://gumroad.com/l/MeshBlend
Current version : 1.08
new features in 1.08 :
- Unlimited asset transform adjustment after insert, pos/rotate/scale, mirror, rotate increment…etc
- Clear Undo Stack option.
- 3 library filtering rules, filter by name, face selection(real-time) and folder.
- UI Changes.
- Help file update.
- More bug fixes.
features from previous versions :
- Insert floating Assets and blend Assets with an open border.
- 2 different blending modes :
- the “Same Borders” which needs assets with the same borders topology as your face selection,
- and the “Free Borders” to replace any selected faces per any asset with no topology restriction.
- Height adaptation.
- Curvature deforms (deform your asset on the surface of the mesh).
- Insert per Face or per selection cluster (insert the asset on each selected face or each face cluster with size adjustment).
- Auto Asset Alignment on face selections.
- Smoothing groups Blend.
- Keep UV’s and materials (Smart Material Blending).
- Keep a perfect edge flow.
- Relax button to relax the selected faces (useful after inserting an asset in “Free border” mode).
- Modifiers on top allowed (like quad chamfer or turbosmooth).
- Multiples undo and redo. Limit to 20.
- PanelLines Tool :
- Panel lines creation from edge and face selection.
- Full Help file.
- Visual Library.
- Resizable UI and icons.
- Selected Faces statistics.
- Right click on each folder to open an explorer and browse your library.
- Main Path and quick sub-folders access.
- Customizable folder structure.
- Create & share your own Assets library.
- Batch Assets export.
- Quick asset publishing.
- Library version converter (to batch convert your assets in previous 3dsmax files)
- Free assets library you see in the video (3dsmax 2013 files so a lot of you can use them).
Create and manage your Library :
Create Assets :
Blend Mat ID’s and Smoothing Groups :
How to use the different Settings :
How to modify your Assets position, rotation, scale…etc :
How to use the Panel Line tool :