Showing all 23 results
Substance Painter to VRAY
This is a little free tool to help you import and setup the shaders created with Substance Painter, inside 3dsmax and render them properly with Vray. Substance Painter Render : 3dsmax Vray Render : Step1-Max preparation. Note: This tool works with the default Vray workflow (with change on gamma). Setup your scene as usual to export objects from 3dsMax to Substance Painter. Keep in mind to give the correct name without forbidden characters to your shader it’s important. Step2- Substance Painter Import your model, bake and create all your shaders as usual (you can follow the great tutorial from Darren Wallace if you need help to setup scene). Step3- Substance Painter export. Select the Vray exporter in the config and choose the format of your export and the folder where you want to export all your maps. Step4- 3dsMax import. Launch SubstanceToVRAY tool (Scripting>run script>SubstanceToVRAY.mse) and select the folder where you create your maps. The script will find all the maps you create and recognize shaders. If you click on CREATE Shaders, you will find on your material editors the shaders created (with correct gamma correction for the maps) ready to render. You can directly assign new shaders by clicking on “Update Scene Object”. That’s it!
This is a quick FREE tool.
it acts like the Mesher, but instead of picking only one source object you can have a list of them.
And with some boolean options to intersect or subtract the meshes.
There are 4 lists to manage all types of boolean operations, add, intersect, subtract, invert.
It keeps the animation…modifiers, and the uv’s.
and the Source objects remains separate, so it’ll not collapse it in one, like the boolean does.
A quick Pflow Script to create random growing labyrinth effect.Here is how to setup it quickly : in the script operator, open or copy paste the downloadable script.
- To modify the effect, edit the script and change the “EACH” value.
This value is by default a random value. You can change it’s random range or set it to a fixed value. This is basically each frame the particle changes direction, so if you set it to 10, the particles will change direction each 10 frames. if you keep it random, the changes will be random, and each particle with a different changing frame.
- You also can change the “SPEED” value.
- Of course because it’s a Pflow script you can add more Pflow operators to it, like a collision, to keep it inside a volume…etc
If you’re tired of 3dsmax Auto-saving and freezing when you are working, this script is for you. It’s based on an idea of Vincent Lacour. installation :
- Put the file in the Scripts/startup folder of your 3dsmax installation.
- Restart 3dsmax
How it works :
- When you start 3dsmax you’ll notice a new tool at the bottom left of your UI.
- If you right click on the biggest button, you’ll see a few options :
– off to turn it off,
– restart to restart the countdown
– and a few timing options
- If you choose a time interval the button starts to count the time.
- It doesn’t save automatically your file. When the chosen time interval is reached, the button starts to blink in red, so you know you should save.
- To save your file, just clic on the big button to replace the file, use the + to increment or “As” to save as.
- Each time you save with these buttons the countdown is restarted.
Updates : 03/08/2016 : now resetting a scene also reset the counter.
The result of two days of experiments around MouseTools. You can use it to paint and distribute objects (copy or instances) on the grid or on surfaces. With Random controls, collisions detection, attachment surface… You can paint all the max objects (geometries, helpers, proxies…)
This tool will allow you to assign a wirecolor to a selection through a customizable palette.
You can save and reload.
1 : The 1st colorpicker is to distribute in a gradient way the chosen color on the other 9 colorpicker.
2 : The boutons “Set” under each colorpicker set the corresponding color to selected objects in your scene.
3 : The ID button place in each colorpicker basic colors, to help preparing an ID render pass.
4 : The Rnd button set in each colorpicker a random color
– You can now save and reload, whenever you want and from one scene to another, your own color panels.
A maxscript Controller to measure and expose the distance traveled by an object.1: select an object, a point or something else2: run the script3: in the modify panel, clic on Pick Reference button and pick the object you want to mesure travel distance.
Now, if you animate the object in autokey, you will see the value changing.You can use it in wire Parameter or in expressions or script controllers
A new tool quickly made on my spare time for walls creation.
special options :
offset to put different walls together ; you can create a wall following a spline ; random fonctions to randomise bricks ; random colors in a multisubobject.
you can keep all the bricks separate (for exemple to simulate physics destructions) or collapse your wall in one mesh.
You also can use boolean to create holes or windows.
A new tool to perform multiple boolean operations (additions and substrations), in one time.
1. Pick the object wich receive the boolean operations using the first button
2. Use the buttons Addition and Substraction to add objects in the lists.
3. If you want to delete objects in the list you have to double click on it.
4.Click on BOOOOOOOOOOL !!! button and additions and substractions are done.
5. When it’s done you can delete or hide operands.
It adds to the biped, bend joints on Arms and Legs.
With a slider on Hands and Feets to control the bend value.
It also can be use to create good twist bones.It adds the ability to stretch the Arms and legs.
You just have to skin using these new bones and not the biped ones. But you animate using the original biped bones.