Roll is a new modifier for 3dsmax.
It’s never been that easy to Roll any geometry over the ground like if it was a physique simulation, but you now have full artistic control over its animation.
- Pick and Animate a Helper to drive the rolling object.
- Bulge on ground contact with bulge shape control.
- Fly mode with air Friction to automatically roll with natural velocity when the geometry is not colliding the ground.
- Parent coordinates option to lock the roll on the Helper animation regarding to it’s parent.
- Rest Frame and Reset Pose, to reset the state.
- No roll mode, to only project on ground.
- Baking options :
- Bake on a Helper ( then parent anything to it to get the same motion ).
- Bake on memory.
- Bake from current Frame.
- Roll over flat ground only.
- Doesn’t roll precisely with animated shape.