Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you’re tired of 3dsmax Auto-saving and freezing when you are working, this script is for you. It’s based on an idea of Vincent Lacour. installation :
- Put the file in the Scripts/startup folder of your 3dsmax installation.
- Restart 3dsmax
How it works :
- When you start 3dsmax you’ll notice a new tool at the bottom left of your UI.
- If you right click on the biggest button, you’ll see a few options :
– off to turn it off,
– restart to restart the countdown
– and a few timing options
- If you choose a time interval the button starts to count the time.
- It doesn’t save automatically your file. When the chosen time interval is reached, the button starts to blink in red, so you know you should save.
- To save your file, just clic on the big button to replace the file, use the + to increment or “As” to save as.
- Each time you save with these buttons the countdown is restarted.
Updates : 03/08/2016 : now resetting a scene also reset the counter.
You may also like…
This tool will allow you to assign a wirecolor to a selection through a customizable palette.
You can save and reload.
1 : The 1st colorpicker is to distribute in a gradient way the chosen color on the other 9 colorpicker.
2 : The boutons “Set” under each colorpicker set the corresponding color to selected objects in your scene.
3 : The ID button place in each colorpicker basic colors, to help preparing an ID render pass.
4 : The Rnd button set in each colorpicker a random color
– You can now save and reload, whenever you want and from one scene to another, your own color panels.
Snow Gun Painter
To create Snow exactly where you want, but it could be used for many different things.
Use the BlobMesh or the Frost option (requires a license of Thinkbox Frost).
The tool is more interesting and powerful with Frost, but it still works very well with the BlobMesh option.
Directly paint geometry on selected objects.
Press Ctrl to add geometry to itself.
Press Alt to delete geometry.
Press Shift to draw branches.
You can create multiple Blobs with different meshing options, and pick them when you want to continue to work on it, you can bake it in poly when finished.
System requirements : – 3dsmax from 2013 to 2020. – a licence of Thinkbox Frost if you have it (otherwise stick with the BlobMesh mode)
license details : It’s a node locked license. (you can only use it on one computer, but you can open and render the scenes on other computers).
To get your Mac Address, you can run this tool inside 3dsmax.